1. Wall thickness requirements of automotive injection mould parts
The wall thickness has to be uniform, otherwise, the shrinkage of plastic materials will lead to uneven shrinkage, which may cause deformation of injection parts, shrinkage mark, burr. So, the structural design cannot be too thick or too thin.
2. Draft angle of the automotive injection mould
The draft angle of automobile injection parts directly affects the difficulty of removing the products from the mould cavity. Also, it is related to the properties of plastic materials, the shrinkage rate of plastic materials, and the structure of automobile injection parts.
3. Reinforcing rib
It is commonly used in the automobile structural design. It can change the direction of material flow to make its flow more balanced. And it can improve the bonding ability of plastic molecules and make the stress distribution even, as well as increase the strength of injection mould parts.
4. The fillet
It is a factor that must be taken into consideration in the design of automotive injection moulds. The fillet avoids stress concentration and increases the strength of injection parts. It also improves the flow of molten plastic to facilitate mould release.
In addition, the design of the cooling circulation system of moulds of auto parts is a relatively complicated work. It should not only consider the cooling effect and the uniformity of cooling but also the impact of the cooling system on the overall structure of automotive parts mould and determination of the specific location and size of the cooling system. Therefore, there are also the following requirements:
(1) The service life of automotive parts mould is guaranteed to be up to more than 1 million times through the analysis of mould processing technology and the injection moulding technology.
(2) Complete automotive parts mould structure and processing parts have to be designed. Also, assembly requirements and injection moulding process requirements should be come up with.
(3) Appearance quality defects of plastic parts or mould structure problems of automotive parts (such as parting surface setting, gate setting, mould life cannot be guaranteed) should be analszed and checked.
(4.) Moulds of automotive parts have requirements for appearance. The appearance of automotive parts must be guaranteed to be free from rust, collision, deformity and defects.